Gather with Mills Teacher Scholars on November 3rd!
Thursday, November 3rd, 2016
5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Lokey Graduate School of Business Gathering Hall, Mills College at Northeastern University
Join Mills Teacher Scholars at Mills College at Northeastern University on November 3rd from 5:30-7:30pm for a gathering of current teacher scholars, Mills Teacher Scholars’ alumni and friends. Enjoy a light dinner and wine while you learn, share, and connect with colleagues from around the Bay.
5:30 – Light dinner and wine reception.
6:00 – Keynote speaker
6:15 – Discussion groups on relevant topics led by teacher scholars
Round-Table Discussion Topics Will Include:
- Facilitating courageous conversations in early elementary writing
- Using discussions to support argumentative writing in science
- Guiding high school students in making research meaningful and useful
- What inquiry can tell us about how social-emotional learning supports content learning
- A Mills Teacher Scholar’s recent Fullbright experience working with indigenous bilingual educators in New Zealand
- How annotations in complex text can support English Learners’ reading comprehension
- How to create the conditions for collaborative teacher-led inquiry at your school
[embeddoc url=”http://millsscholars.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/gather-2016-program-r3.pdf” download=”all”]