Lead by Learning is Hiring: Lead Program Facilitator
Lead by Learning is hiring for a Lead Program Facilitator.
Position Title: Lead by Learning, Lead Program Facilitator
Job status: Full-time (open to part time), Exempt
Reports to: Lead by Learning Executive Director
Summary of Position
Lead by Learning is a learning program of the Mills College School of Education that creates the conditions for collaborative, educator-led inquiry to support leaders, teachers, and coaches across Bay Area districts and schools. Lead by Learning provides educators with a framework within which they can formally conduct inquiry about their learners’ experiences and the efficacy of their practices. This work is done across systems, creating communities of educators who together hone their understanding of student and adult learning in order to deepen their learning culture and continuously improve outcomes for students.
Lead by Learning is seeking qualified program facilitators to facilitate in-field communities of practice for school and district leaders and support courses offered by Lead by Learning. Screening of applicants begins immediately and applicants will be invited for an interview.
Lead by Learning is a project of the Mills College School of Education, and is fiscally sponsored by Mills College.
The Lead Program Facilitator will:
- Co-design and facilitate multiple communities of practice supporting educator-led inquiry to improve student learning outcomes
- Co-develop and utilize Lead by Learning protocols for best-practices in professional inquiry
- Use a variety of data to analyze effectiveness of program work and to guide the design and facilitation of communities of practice
- Experience engaging in conversations about race and equity
- Have continuous improvement growth mindset
- Meet monthly with principals or central office administrators to provide leadership coaching
- Provide monthly in-person inquiry-based coaching to teachers
- Work with principals and district leaders to move contract work forward from one year to the next
- Utilize digital tools to document and support inquiry work
- Support data collection through video and audio recording, observational note taking, conducting focal student interviews, etc.
- Prepare quarterly data-driven reports on educator learning and student learning goals
- Employee may need to perform light lifting occasionally
- Requires availability two Saturdays and six evenings a year (dates provided well in advance), dependable car a must
- Maintain effective and productive working relationships within a diverse and multicultural environment
- Provide effective and personal customer service attitude toward colleagues, teachers, principals, board members, and grant-makers, as well as other constituents
- Maintain safe work conditions and comply with established safety policies, practices, procedures, and requirements of Mills College
- Perform related duties as needed
- Master’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience in urban school environment
- Experience mentoring teachers and/or participating in a learning community
- Experience engaging in professional inquiry work
- Interest in adult learning
- Dynamic facilitation and communication skills
- Sense of humility and openness to multiple approaches
- Excellent listening skills for coaching
- Content area expertise
- Have a mature sense of responsibility, including the ability to work independently, to manage time effectively, to be self-motivated, to be detail-oriented
- Be comfortable working in a shared office space, with minimal direct supervision
- Have confidence to work with program staff to develop protocols for best practices for teacher inquiry work
- Comfort with Google Suite and willingness to explore a range of digital platforms
- Be flexible to grow into additional tasks as program matures
- Ability to travel to multiple school sites and Mills College
- At least 3 years of experience leading a school site as a principal, vice principal, or assistant principal
This is an exempt, full-time position (open to consider part time). Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life/LTD insurance, 10 prorated days of vacation for year one, 15 prorated days of vacation for years 2-10, and 22 prorated days of vacation years 10+ plus, 12 prorated sick days and 17 prorated paid holidays (subject to annual review). Staff members also receive free admission to campus events, use of the pool, fitness center, and tennis courts. Tuition remission is also available after an introductory period. Voluntary benefits include: 403(b) retirement plan, pet insurance, long-term care insurance and legal-assistance insurance.
Mills College does not permit discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information on Mills’ non-discrimination policy, please go to: https://inside.mills.edu/administration/administrative_offices/policies/nondiscrimination.php.
All positions are subject to a background check. Prior to the first date of employment, an applicant’s background check must be cleared.
This position is grant-funded and grant employees are designated as either regular or temporary employees at the time of hire, depending on the terms of the grant that controls their job duties. During their employment at Mills, grant employees are subject to the job performance, work, and conduct rules that apply to all employees under this Handbook. Without exception, each grant employee has no expectation of continued employment at Mills beyond the term of the grant under which she/he was hired. This grant position is considered a temporary position with Mills College and with an end date no later than June 30, 2022; at that time a Northeastern University and Mills College merger will occur.
To apply, please submit:
- cover letter and
- contact information for three professional references
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and positions filled as needed.