Lead by Learning Budget Manager
Lead by Learning is hiring for a Budget Manager.
See below for our Job Description. Interested in applying? Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Title: Lead by Learning Budget Manager
Job status: 80%
Reports to: Executive Director, Lead by Learning
Supervises: Administrative Assistant, Office Assistants (work study students)
Summary of Position:
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, manage budgets for all Grants and Funds; manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable; manage contracts with Independent Contractors as well as nonprofit organizations, school sites, and districts, manage shadow accounting systems and reconciliation with the University, and stay abreast and implement any new systems as it has to do with the University’s merger with Northeastern. The Lead by Learning Budget Manager is expected to exercise frequent independent judgment within the assigned areas of responsibility.
Essential Job Functions:
Assist the Executive Director in all aspects of budgeting, strategic planning, systems upgrade and maintenance
- Resolve complex internal and external questions and issues related to operations ● Handle administrative work related to the establishment of finance policies and procedures ● Synthesize, analyze and present financial information for use by Executive Director ● Assemble, organize and prepare data for records and reports
- Reconcile accounts with Mills College
- Liaise with Mills College and lead Lead by Learning’s Northeastern system integration ● Prepare and present financial reports, as needed, for Executive Director, Advisory Board ● Manage part-time staff and student workers
- Manage budgets for the Non-Profit, School Sites, Grants & Funds, and special projects ● Organize transfers between budgets internally, and with external departments; ● Prepare budgets for grant interim reports and final reports
- Ensure paperwork is completed for time sensitive check requests and reimbursements ● Monitor budgets and notify director of variances
- Liaise with the school site business offices and Mills accounting office
- Order supplies, proof and prepare mailings, process donations
- Manage donor tasks, such as records, reporting, receivables
- Maintain donor records
- Oversee tracking of Grants Calendar (Pipeline)
Corporate Volunteer Engagement
With the Executive Director:
- Assume responsibility for creating corporate volunteer events
- Supervise all onsite volunteer events
- Solicit corporate volunteers
- Track and Report on contracts status for year
- Manage the drafting of all statement of work with guidance from Directors ● Ensure execution of statement of work
- Manage the use of funds and other fund-related responsibilities, as appropriate ● Coordinate payments for classes, workshops, and events
- Utilize Banner, Word, FileMaker, Excel, email, and online research at an advanced level. ● Demonstrate working knowledge of database creation and management. ● Knowledge in business budgeting and accounting practices regarding monitoring and control
- Wholly responsible for a data management within the department
- Assist in the development of new ideas and solutions for improving existing methods, systems, or services.
- Systems reporting, collect data and provide assistance for various studies and reports; develop, maintain, and update record tracking systems; provide statistics and reports as necessary.
- Compile, edit and format complex documents such as the annual reports and grant proposals according to established guidelines.
- Spearhead implementation of all new financial shadow systems (ie. NetSuite) ● Create and maintain all processes for each function of the organization
Hiring and Recruiting assistance
- Responsible for managing the timeline for Lead by Learning for hiring and recruiting employees
- Responsible for creating PAFs for Lead by Learning employees
- Orientation of new employees to Mills College Campus
- Employee assistance with Lead by Learning’s conventions per credit card, personal travel, vacation and holiday time off
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 3-5 years of administrative experience with a non profit of similar size and scope as Lead by Learning
- Experience in Grant budget management
- Advanced computer skills involving databases, spreadsheets, word processing, graphics and/or other applications utilizing software applicable to the function
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to take initiative
- Can establish and maintain effective, productive working relationships within a diverse and multicultural setting
- Ability to collaborate with other staff in a team environment; to both give and take direction ● Can work independently and collaboratively to manage multiple responsibilities and projects ● Able to analyze, develop, and maintain quality control in operations
- Able to develop, produce, and analyze complex data through spreadsheets or other systems, as required
- Can establish and maintain an effective customer service orientation towards all persons ● Can creatively solve problems, and execute work thoroughly and meticulously
- Capacity to maintain confidential information.
- Operate office machines including computers and applicable software.
- Compose correspondence and written materials independently.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others. ● Adhere to college and departmental policies and objectives with awareness of laws, rules and regulations
- Work under pressure and within deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Education and Training:
- College degree
- Experience in business accounting
- Experience in administrative duties and public contact.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands:
- Work involves considerable sitting time at desk/computer, but also entails moving about the building and campus to obtain/deliver materials and meet with people;
- Much of the work is conducted in a busy area; interruptions and interactions with others are common, especially when school is in session;
- Responsibilities entail occasional evening or weekend hours
- Deadlines are a routine part of the work
This position description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Additional duties may be assigned based on business operational needs.